Sunday, August 11, 2013

Artbooking in August! Project #2! Cricut Card


Welcome to Week #2 of the Artbooking in August Blog Hop. Last week's artwork was so phenomenal and this week over 35 creative consultants are at it again!


Our challenge is to create 4 different projects using the Cricut Artbooking cartridge and any CTMH paper pack.  Our mission is to design each of the following. This week I chose a Card!

1. 2 page layout 
2. Card
3. Mini Book 
4. Home decor or 'giftable' item 

If you arrived here from Jan's Blog you are on the right track!

(Remember this is a circular blog hop and if you get lost or confused along the way, the list is posted on Adeline's blog here.)

Now let's take a look at that card I mentioned...


I guess I have back to school on my mind! The NEW Artbooking Cricut Cartridge Bundle includes MANY many great items with a "school" theme. The pieces I used on this card are just the tip of the ice-burg!


I love the look of a notebook paper torn from the spiral! I cut the notebook paper in white, then stamped the lines on in "Crystal Blue" ink. It turns out about the same shade you think of lined paper to be! I then also stamped the "You're A Star" sentiment, and the star on the card base. These stamps are all part of the bundle.


The base of my card is Crystal Blue Cardstock. The chevron patterned paper is from the new "Frosted" paper pack! You also see some Lagoon Houndstooth Washi Tape used as an accent.

Hope you like my project!

Now hop over to Jane's Blog to see what she has put together!

HeatherJane

10 comments:

  1. Hey Heather Jane, your links appear to be missing. Love your pretty card! That is my favorite paper from Frosted. And thank you for the lovely birthday gift of chocolates and the yummy card, too! I so enjoyed getting to finally meet you in person! *Hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this little notebook paper. I also used it on my layout and many people commented on how I did it! Love the use on a card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute card! I haven't tried the notebook paper cut/stamp yet but now I know I need to break that out sooner rather than later!

    Paige
    www.Stampologist.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute!! We must have had the same thought process. I also used this cut and stamp :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your card!--I can't wait to use that spiral notebook key! thanks for the inspiration!
    :) Marie

    ReplyDelete