Monday, April 9, 2012

Happy Dirtday!

I needed a special card to celebrate a little boy I know who turned 3! What little boy doesn't LOVE trucks and dirt? I decided this theme would be a hit!

I found this sketch from two peas in a bucket by Kimber Mcgray. I was really excited to use the tire track stamp as the horizontal element of this card.


For the digging machine I used paper piecing and 3D foam tape to give dimension to the dirt scoop and the tracks. I also found some metal adhesive circles in a stash left over from years ago, they worked perfectly with the sunset orange ink I had used for the machine and they fit perfectly into the hubs of the track. I love when things comes together like that, out of sheer luck! :)

I made three piles of presents to represent the birthday boy's age. I figure he can count them with his parents or older sister. I used my tiny typewriter set to add a tiny counting number next to each pile.

I needed some colors that would work for this "boy" and "heavy equipment" theme. This card fits the ColourQ challenge #85. I used sunset orange, chocolate, grey wool, daisy white, and archival black.

Supply List:
- I Dig You stamp set from Stampin' Up
- Cruisin stamp set from Close to my Heart (tire tracks)
- Tiny Typewriter Alphabet Stamp Set
- Orange Adhesive Metal Dots from Colorbok
- Chocolate (brown) ink
- Sunset (orange) ink
- Grey Wool ink
- Archival Black ink
- 3D Foam tape from Close to my Heart

2 comments:

  1. Adorable card, Heather Jane. I especially love the stamp...would be perfect for almost any man in my life. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving this card! Super cute stamps! Great colors! Beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete