Monday, April 23, 2012

Lucy Workshop, Layout #1

The Lucy workshop kit from Close to my Heart is so darling! I modified the main layout just a bit to come up with the first layout we will create at the workshop on May 19th.

Lucy: Layout #1: Pictures = 2 V 4x6, 4 square 2x2, 1 square 4x4

I love the colors and textures in this workshop on the go kit! The shades of Blush (Pink), Sweet Leaf (Green), Creme Brulee (Yellow), and Grey Wool are so pretty together. The textures are girlie and feminine with argyle, lace, flowers, and princess.



The Lucy kit comes with a beautiful floral stamp set that has some very useful sentiments in it. The flower stamps are pieces so that you can layer them together with different ink colors. There is an outline stamp, petal stamp, and cent for each shape of flower. There is also a whimsical little butterfly. The sentiments are "a dream come true", "watch me grow", and my favorite... "a person is a person no matter how small- dr. suess"!

I used the Art Philosophy Cricut cartridge from CTMH to cut out the flower shapes before I stamped them. That saved a lot of time that I could have been hand trimming.

If you would like to attend my workshop and learn how to create this layout for your own collection, please visit my facebook event and join for more details! http://www.facebook.com/events/393192457368865/

1 comment:

  1. Heather Jane, this turned out so darling. Love the yellow flowers. :)

    ReplyDelete