Sunday, November 15, 2015

New Watercolor Paints = MUD! (H2H)

One might think that when you look at a new set of Watercolor paints that you might feel encouraged to paint something femanine and beautiful... Not me! I took one look at my new Watercolor paints from Close To My Heart and thought- "YES! I am going to make MUD!" Even better is that I can enter it as an example for the Heart 2 Heart "watercolor" challenge going on this month!


I created this layout with my new Urban Paper Collection. The pictures in it are of a time that my family took my now Hubby out to get to know him and have fun before we got married- Mudding with Go Carts!


For my "mud" I used a lot of water on a medium brown. I got my paintbrush loaded up with lots of soupy paint. I then karate chopped it against my arm above my layout. (BEFORE my photos were attached!) I got all kinds of different effects by just playing with it and adding it layer by layer until I felt "done".


I think the watercolor mud brings my whole finished layout together.


My Husband really did think that day was pretty awesome! He had a lot of fun gasing up engines and racing with my uncles and cousins.


I am so happy to have this layout included in my wedding album now! Excited to share this memory with others.


No comments:

Post a Comment