Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Surf's Up! Layout #1


"Surf's Up!" is my featured Workshop On The Go Kit for my July Scrapbooking Class! This kit from Close To My Heart is perfect for this time of year- Summer! Time to catch some waves and spend some time enjoying Mother Nature's warmth!

Imitation is the best form of flattery! Well, the layout I created is my take on a layout I saw and fell in love with when scanning Pinterest for ideas with this paper pack! The gal whom created the layout I spotted is Michelle Snyder, a fellow Close To My Heart Consultant. Check out her work at www.somethingaboutsharing.com.


What I loved about Michelle's layout was the idea to use the motif of the paper as a large anchoring border! It took a bit of patience with my scissors, but looks so great when its cut out! It really pops against the lagoon base.


When we add our photo mats we can tuck them in behind the beach scene of the boarder we cut out. When I attached my border I only ticky taped the sides and bottom and left the middle of it un-tacked so that it would be easy to tuck photos behind it.


For stamping on this layout I used the splash drop and stamped it in Lagoon Ink onto Lagoon card stock. Then I got out my new stack of pigment inks and used "Honey" Yellow for the Fun Shine stamp. I placed it on my layout on 3D Foam tape to let it appear to be the "Sun" in my beach scene.

Supplies used on this layout:
  • Surf's Up Workshop On The Go Kit (Paper Pack and Stamp Set)
  • Lagoon Card Stock Base
  • White Scrap to stamp on
  • Ink: Honey Yellow Pigment Ink, Lagoon Ink
  • 3D Foam Tape
  • Paper Scissors
Hope you like it! I can't wait to get my photos back from the printer and place them!

HeatherJane

1 comment:

  1. A good way to keep this stickease from sticking down in all of those places is to keep the backer on where the photos will be going. Or, your friends can wait and just add the stickease after putting photos in place. Very cute, Heather Jane!

    ReplyDelete