Saturday, October 1, 2011

Oct 1st: World Card Making Day!

Today is World Card Making Day! I love to celebrate, so I had to participate! :) I made a card that I am so excited about, because it was one of those that started falling into place easily as I worked. Ideas just kept coming to me! A Birthday Card, Ta Da!








I based the layout on this Mojo Monday Sketch Challenge. I really liked the grid idea, and lining up the elements. I am also going to enter this card in the World Card Making Day Card Contest. (Wish me luck! and there is time to enter yourself, the deadline is to postmark by the 11th!)

List of supplies-
- Square Kraft Card Base and Envelope from CTMH
- "Art Philosophy" Cricut Bundle (Cartridge and Chipboard shapes) CTMH
- "Treasure Life" Stamp Set by CTMH (Flowers and leaves)
- "A Little Everything" Stamp Set by CTMH (the word "birthday")
- "Cherish the Day" Stamp of the Month set for Nov. 2011 from CTMH (October Ticket)
- Card Stock: Colonial White, Smoothie
- Ink Pads: Chocolate, Hollyhock
- Sponge for edging effect
- Postage Stamp Square Punch by Stampin' Up

3 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous card! Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heather this is so Fabulous! I love the color combo you chose and the Fabulous elements you used for each section! Just a Beautiful!
    Birthday Card! 8-)

    Hugs
    Shannon

    P.S. Thanks so much for yrou sweet comment on my blog! 8-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heather, what a beautiful card! Love the colors and I just love it when an idea falls into place like that. :)

    ReplyDelete