Saturday, November 26, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving!



Hope you had a Happy Thanksgiving! Thanksgiving 2011 is "in the books" now. I bet you took a few pictures and you are anxious to get your memories into YOUR books with a new Scrapbook page! I thought you might like to peek at a layout I created recently at my Dreamin' Workshop. If you would like to create it for yourself I have the recipe below.


My layout design is based on "Deck of Cards" (pg 30 of Magic Book). On the Left Hand page I cut the words from the zip strip to add to the scalloped edge of the featured photo. (The photo space is for a 5x7 vertical) I trimmed the words to fit inside the scalloped piece and cut a V in the ends. The word "Family" is from the stickease sticker set that coordinates. In the upper right hand area I added a quote from the stamp set "Treasure Life".


On the Right Hand page I created my title piece as a 3x12 so that the characters from the Thanksgiving set would have room to stand. The title piece has room for 4, 3x3 photos nested under it. The journaling detail is a large sticker from the stickease set.


1- Colonial White CS Base LH
1 - Goldrush Orange CS Base RH
LH Page: Goldrush 6x12, Brown Floral Paper 3 1/8x7 V and 2x7 for scallop, Geometric Pattern Paper 2x12 and 3 1/8x5
RH Page: 3x12 Colonial White CS, Geometric Pattern Paper 5x12

Tools: Scallop Punch for edge of feature photo accent and Sponge for color sponging the edge of the quote

Stamp Sets Used: C1426 Thanksgiving, D1306 Treasure Life
Ink: Goldrush, Chocolate

No comments:

Post a Comment