Tuesday, March 20, 2012

"Happy Easter to my Peeps"

One of my most favorite stamps sets from the Spring Summer 2012 Close to my Heart idea book is "My Peeps"! I decided it was a good stamp set to use on giving the Center Step card fold a try for the first time too!


Creating a Center Step card was a lot easier then I thought it would be! I found Sandy's blog where she posted a template on how to do it! (Thank you Sandy!) I was able to print it out and use it while I measured twice and cut once! :) Here is a link to her blog post if you would like it for yourself as well: "Creative Moments With Sandy"- Center Step Card Template.

Center Step Card Template from Sandy!
This is what my card looks like when it is not folded for display or card mailing. This photo will help you to see where I cut and scored to fold.


I love that I could send this creation as a card and the recipient could use it as a decoration! I might need to make one for myself to decorate with!

Fork Bow How-to from Eskimimi Makes

I tied the ribbon after reading a tutorial form a fellow crafter's blog. I found it at Eskimimi makes blog. Here is a link to the tutorial: Eskimimi Makes, Fork Bows! Thank you Eskimimi for creating this! I am amazed at how easy it is to make bows! I avoided making bows before because every time I tried I felt like I was just fumbling around with too much effort and no fruitful outcome. Now I am no longer afraid of tiny bows! I used a dinner fork to create a small one with a 6" piece of ribbons. I also tried it on a larger serving fork and used an 8" piece of ribbon. Just be sure your fork has four prongs!


The new springs from Close to my Heart are a lot of fun to play with! The plump belly of this peep is the perfect size to conceal the spring. When the card is on display it happily bobbles and wobbles. It makes me smile with Easter cheer! :) They were easy to use, just peel off the white paper and leave the adhesive film layer, then stick in place.

Thanks for looking! Hope you have a Happy Easter, Peeps!

My list of supplies:
- "My Peeps" stamp set $9.95
- "Lucy" background and texture paper (pink side)
- "Blush" cardstock
- "Sweetleaf" cardstock
- "Hollyhock" Ink Pad
- "Daisy White" 3/8" grosgrain ribbon
- Adhesive Springs
- Center Step Card Template from Sandy's blog
- Ribbon on a Fork Bows Tutorial from Eskimimi Makes blog

2 comments:

  1. Adorable card, Heather and thanks for the credit for the template. You are most welcome to post it and use it to your hearts content.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute card, Heather. That is one of my favorites, too. The ladies at my workshop on Saturday giggled when they saw it.

    ReplyDelete