Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Spatter Technique Challenge, Footloose Preview!

This spatter technique challenge at Moxie Fab World Blog caught my eye the moment I saw it! I've actually been looking for an excuse to get my spatter spray pen out again and make something other then snow with it. So what's the opposite of snow? SAND! (have you been working with a spatter technique? You could play along too!)


This is one of the layouts I made with my "Footloose" Workshop on the Go Kit from Close to my Heart. It was screaming for "sand"! Plus, I had some great pictures of my son spending the day playing in sand.


I used a spray pen + pearl paint + dessert sand reinker = golden glimmering sand.


You don't have to worry about getting the spatter just right because we will be placing photos on top of it and the sand will act as a detailed backdrop.


For the horizon line of this 2 page layout I used blue sky (or blue water) patterned paper. (You interpret it how you see fit). I added the zip strip bands to look like sand dunes in the distance (or a shoreline). The title is made with the color ready adhesive alphabet from the While Supplies Last section of my website. You can also use your Cricut to cut title letters for this page.


Supplies:

- Footloose workshop on the go kit
- Spray Pens
- Create-a-shade paint in "Pearl"
- Dessert Sand (brown) Re-inker
- Color Ready Adhesive alphabet

1 comment:

  1. This looks wonderful, Heather Jane. Pic's are cute, too. :)

    ReplyDelete