Sunday, October 21, 2012

Custom 60th Birthday, Mojo Monday 263

I had a friend at work commission me to create a special one of a kind handmade card for her to give to her sister on a milestone birthday. (I LOVE this kind of assignment!)


I was given the inspirational ques of: "her name is Beth", "she is turning 60!", "I just LOVE her, she has always been there for me!" How do you like my interpretation of this?


I created the layout of the card based on the above sketch from Mojo Monday Blogspot, Sketch Challenge #263. The circle was the perfect space to create a "60" Medallion! The top portion was equally as perfect of a space top place the Birthday Girl's name! Because this card has Birthday numbers on it I also entered it in the Contest on the Close to my Heart, Heart 2 Heart challenge "Birthdays by the Numbers".


For the inside of the card I typed out and printed a quote that the card giver chose. I added a small paper punched heart and layered it in 2 different colors of purple cardstock.

Supplies
  • Mojo Monday Sketch #263
  • Smokey Plum and Gypsy cardstock from CTMH
  • Heart punch
  • Keepsake Alphabet stamp set from CTMH (name and sentiment)
  • Scallop Punch from SUP
  • Circle Punch from CTMH
  • Moonlight Paper Pack from CTMH
Hope you like this Birthday Card!

HeatherJane

2 comments:

  1. Purple is always en vogue! :) Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes!! Perfect, and someone else who likes to use Moonlight for non-Halloweenie occasions!! You fulfilled your assignment beautifully. I bet she was very impressed. I will be following you from now on!! Come visit me any time at karencreate.blogspot.com *.*

    ReplyDelete