Thursday, October 25, 2012

Moonlight Scrapbook Layout #2

My second Moonlight Scrapbook Layout that I created with my kit from Close to my Heart is based on the design that comes in the brochure with the kit. I just simplified a few things to make it easier to teach at our workshop.


This layout was ideal for photos from my daughter's 5th Birthday Party! We had a Halloween Party! I was so excited that the Moonlight Kit has PURPLE in it! I could not wait to get to this layout to use the purple. (Have you figured out yet what my favorite color is?)


To create the lamp post we stamped it in Archival black on our purple. Then while it still had black ink on it I stamped it on the sponged patterned paper over an area that was orange and cut out just the windows to the lantern. I lined that piece up with where the lamp would look "lit". Then I cleaned the stamps and stamped it again in goldrush ink again on the sponged pattern paper. Then I trimmed it out and placed it on the sign area of the main lamp post. Add some black gems and wha-la! :)


The coordinating chipboard compliments made this accent quick and easy!


Those who know me personally know I hold a special place in my heart for a real FEAR of spiders! But this guy is so cute I actually love him! :) The sparkly eyes make his irresistible on this layout!

Hope you like this layout and are having fun preparing for Halloween!

HeatherJane

No comments:

Post a Comment